Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Celebration and Release

“Kick up your heels and release joy.”

On most mornings I draw a card from an inspirational deck called Touched by a Horse by Melinda Pearce. Every time I read a card’s message, I’m reminded of something that perhaps I’ve forgotten to look at or could put into action in my life.

Today’s reading is “Celebration and Release” ~ an encouragement to celebrate the small successes in life rather than looking at the larger goals to be achieved.

As the card reminds me, “The lesson here is about the power of the collective, smaller victories that must be expressed…” as I move through Life’s Journey.

So, what are the little things I can celebrate today?

The “Maintenance Required” light in my car is NOT an indication of impending disaster, but simply a reminder to get my oil changed. Wow! What a relief!

The call from our veterinarian assured me that my dog’s blood tests were clear. No major health issues. After a few days of worry, this was amazing news.

The weather couldn’t be more beautiful ~ cool and sunny. I celebrate the change of seasons.

Planning for my upcoming workshop is a daily joy. New ideas, collaboration with other people and the incredible reward of sharing this work with a group … all of this fills me with a wonderful sense of excitement. Each step toward the event is an affirmation.

Every small success is a victory and a validation.

What small successes can you celebrate today?

No comments: